domingo, 7 de setembro de 2008

Kobe after a good night sleep.

As I expected, some good moments in Kobe resulted after meeting two local couchsurfers (for those who don't know, these are people willing to help, show around or even accomodate travellers at their hometown). Yesterday evening with Shuichi I visited the Chinatown, the Harbour area (where a very interesting traditional Japanase dance festival was being held) and finally we had Japanese dinner (in a Izakaya restaurante, where you take off the shoes, seat at a low height table and order several dishes to share) where I even tried sashimi (sort of sushi without rice) though I'm not a fan of raw fish. Here are some pics:

(the dance festival at the harbor)




(after taking off the shoes at the restaurant, stored them inside a locker and kept the key)





(one of the delicacies that I tried)


Today with Aya I went for a visit to a Sake brewery and learned a bit about the drink and a lot about the related food such as apetizers or sake sweats and cakes in their shop. Thankfully I had Aya to explain me about everything on display at the shop since nothing was recognizable by the look of it. Could also try free sake samples, many different types, but in general this is a very smooth drink where the 16% alcohol is hardly noticeable. A very tasting and interesting lunch of Japanese food followed (watch the movie)



(sake)

(This had to shown in video. Part of the food was alive! can you see that?)

2 comentários:

manela disse...

Olá sortudo!
Ninguem te pára... Que inveja...
Isso de tirar os sapatos para comer não deve aumentar em nada o apetite. Deve cheirar tudo ao mesmo...
E, por favor não comas aquelas coisas que mexem!
Beijos
manela, Zé e Zezinho

Manel disse...

Olá Troinas-Limas!
Como sempre cheios de piada!
Por acaso as coisas que mexem são bem boas! Depois conto tudo!
bjs
manel